After traveling 1500 miles since our departure on May 22 (and at an average of 50 miles per day, that's no small feat let me tell you), we have decided to take a berth for a month at a marina on Solomon's Island, MD. It's a boaters paradise! The island is small enough to walk or bike anywhere but large enough to get groceries, boat materials, and knick-knacks also with restaurants galore. Our trip from the Potomac to the Patuxant River was slightly life-threatening with 5-6 foot following seas pushing our stern all over the place often landing broadside to those monster waves. Once I got everyone into their PFD's, I prayed silently to myself while telling the kids "oh, no big deal, just some little waves, the boat's fine." Note: Nick thinks I'm crazy and it wasn't that bad. He's thinks that I exaggerate. After ten years of marriage, you'd think he'd KNOW that I exaggerate.
We left our boat on the isl to travel to Small Town, VA (insert Narrows, Parisburg, Pembroke - it doesn't matter, they're all population 12 and run together like bunches of trees in a beautiful forest). We had no cell phone service which wasn't so bad because it allowed us to be able to fully focus on Nick's parents 50th wedding anniversary surprise party (can you believe they had the nerve to get married on my birthday - of course I wasn't born yet but they should have known anyway) which was a HUGE hit, a GREAT surprise, and a really FUN time!
Our celebrations and summer goals have been met. "Now what?!?!?!" you say. We don't know the answer to that question either. So let's take a poll . . . Click on the "comment" button and tell us what do YOU think we should do:
a) return to St. Petersburg
b) keep cruising (this answer requires a deposit into our bank account)
c) return down the coast to leave our boat in Charleston (a mid-point during the winter months)
d) chuck it all and head to the bahamas for the rest of our life (this answer also requires a deposit into our bank account) (hope no one from Nick's work is reading this!)
e) insert your own option here
We love and miss you all!
"Life is good at the end of an anchor" (or even a dock!)
D! - deposit is on it's way soon as I get the account # and routing # and social security #. Oh and you must take me.
ReplyDelete